The advantage of bringing awareness into your body rather than your mind is that the body is always in the present. The mind can dwell on the past, future, or even facets of the present without actually being PRESENT.
The body, however, is always here. And always now. There is no body in the past or future.
Don’t reject your body. Don’t try to run away from experiencing it. Instead, bring yourself deeply into the experience of your body. Feel your body from the inside.
In truth, you are surrounded by eternity. But when you feel the boundaries of your physical body, your awareness stops, thinking it has hit some sort of imaginary wall. If your physical body is just a body, then it is your sense of experiencing the body from the inside that is your soul.
And what is the size of a soul? The soul is endless, beginningless. Expansive in every direction. In fact, time and distance means nothing to the soul. Anywhere you go, there you are.
Here is the technique:
Sit in a comfortable position. You can also do this in bed upon waking or before falling asleep.
Concentrate on feeling your toes. Not the sensation of your toes touching something else, but your sense of being inside them, of being able to move them.
Continue up your legs, working your way through your torso and then down your arms and up your neck through your head. Flood your body with awareness. Maintain this awareness of experiencing your body from the inside.
It will pull you into and keep you in the moment. To remain always rooted and in touch with inhabiting the body is a facet of zen and spirituality in general. By fully entering the body, you will grow beyond it while still remaining present within it.
This is a technology given by Eckhart Tolle and other such enlightened people. He claims it also boosts the immune system, which I have found to be true as well. But that pales in comparison to the spiritual benefit.
Once you have become practiced at doing this, try to always remain in touch with being present in your body. If you find yourself disconnected, just close your eyes and take a moment’s breath, feeling your being. It will help to still your mind when it becomes overwhelmed with false-identifications and thoughts.
Drop the mind and open the heart.
- raindeery reblogged this from lazyyogi
- faceyourshut likes this
- matterssomehow likes this
- trvcyskrxss likes this
- pfiles likes this
- bubblybee92 reblogged this from lazyyogi
- watchmne likes this
- xolovereinventedxo reblogged this from lazyyogi
- xolovereinventedxo likes this
- indigo-tribes likes this
- loquentes-stellas likes this
- tiempodevivr reblogged this from lazyyogi
- jahhsoul likes this
- afreudianego likes this
- wakeandmeditate likes this
- what-are-you-manifesting reblogged this from lazyyogi
- what-are-you-manifesting likes this
- an-inspired-mind likes this
- cumfi reblogged this from lazyyogi
- peagio likes this
- ulfric42 reblogged this from lazyyogi
- understandingyouth reblogged this from lazyyogi
- yogiyoke reblogged this from yoginitara
- yoginitara reblogged this from lazyyogi
- carnation-instant-bitch likes this
- eddopipe likes this
- somanymushrooms reblogged this from lazyyogi
- somanymushrooms likes this
- priskamarina likes this
- goldensutures likes this
- diamondsandbeer likes this
- letallyoudo reblogged this from peaceful-wanderer
- dream-twister likes this
- illusionvsreality likes this
- santadelasombra reblogged this from lazyyogi
- igiveafuckaboutanoxfordcomma likes this
- outofmyvulcanmind reblogged this from peaceful-wanderer
- lulusofie likes this
- weedbrain likes this
- hearteater likes this
- peaceful-wanderer reblogged this from baba-yaga-theforestwitch
- sickening-ing likes this
- turibulos likes this
- afeministinheels reblogged this from lazyyogi
- atybella likes this
- slikgreene reblogged this from lazyyogi
- slikgreene likes this
- soul--soleil likes this
- leoleus reblogged this from lazyyogi
- dexees-mom likes this