This cosmos is filled with flux. To wildly generalize this flux, I might say it is a dynamic balance of going inward and going outward.
Firstly, you have things like gravity. Black holes, celestial bodies, and apple trees, these demonstrate the forces of going inward. Gravity pulls two things together. Then you have things like space and air, energy and smoke, which constantly diffuse and expand. In reality, the movement outward and inward is the same, but not in the way you think.
That is how I approach the solstices.
As we pass the summer solstice and the days start growing shorter, we start going inward. As the environment becomes less hospitable, we are forced to find our own satisfaction within. That could be indoors, in other people, or in ourselves.
But now that we are in the winter solstice, the movement outward begins again. This is the beginning of the time that we take what we have learned from our inward journeying and bring it into the world of form.
Form moves into emptiness, emptiness moves into form, and form is never the same again, even as it moves back into emptiness. Tantric taoist zen buddhist magic for the win.
A very old culture once used Stonehenge as a way of interacting with the solstices, the rhythms of the cosmos and spirits that shimmer non-existently in between. The only thing they asked for was that the sun came back to them and that another year passed without annihilation.
It is up to you what to do with this day. It is a day like any other, a solstice like any other. But things are changing, just like they always are. When you are aware of the waves of change, it makes surfing that much easier.
Namaste, friends. Enjoy the shortest day of the year. :)
- blueorchidplatypus likes this
- shegottafever likes this
- havesomebats likes this
- joonieballoonie likes this
- paulacolantonio reblogged this from lazyyogi
- cuna-bear reblogged this from lazyyogi
- withinitself likes this
- cuna-bear likes this
- topless-wizards reblogged this from lazyyogi
- lions-brave-heart likes this
- flowingheart likes this
- lightningbugsoflove reblogged this from lazyyogi
- stayliftedlove reblogged this from lazyyogi
- fluffythingsmakemehappy likes this
- leo-is likes this
- killljjjoy likes this
- waitingforabetterlife reblogged this from lazyyogi
- msfouronefive likes this
- katieandthedeepgreensea likes this
- anytimeshesaway likes this
- gen0vese reblogged this from lazyyogi
- ireturntothesource likes this
- who-hibou likes this
- awakenedvibrations likes this
- thebenefitofyou likes this
- marinabork likes this
- bornzen likes this
- lolalovesyounicorns reblogged this from lazyyogi
- 190590 reblogged this from lazyyogi and added:
- 190590 likes this
- feral-alien reblogged this from beyondloveandhate
- mademoisellealiyah likes this
- darksideofthedream likes this
- electpeace likes this
- holeinmyskull likes this
- somerandomassdude420 likes this
- boninbaninin likes this
- translated-minds likes this
- stefslav likes this
- river-boy likes this
- beyondloveandhate reblogged this from lazyyogi
- sasstielwinchester reblogged this from lazyyogi
- savageleewriting likes this
- sasstielwinchester likes this
- billyisatitan likes this
- lazyyogi posted this