in-the-midst-of-winter asked: Just to add a little something to the discussion on giving: A lot of people where I live are homeless, but also the area is renowned for drug addicts, alcoholics and people who pretend to beg, but are actually housed and use begging as a form of income. I'm hesitant to give for this reason. It could only perpetuate their drug abuse, alcoholism or 'mask' in view of acquiring money by the wrong means. What do you think of this? This is something I've struggled with for a while. Namaste!
This is the excuse everyone uses not to give money to the homeless or the needy. They will spend it on drugs or alcohol or just waste it away.
The outcome of giving doesn’t matter. Don’t be focused with a goal-oriented mind.
It is the mood and the effect of giving that matters. Not its result.
- octopustree likes this
- withinaroundaboveandbeyond likes this
- radiantawareness said: check out the song hole in da bucket by spearhead
- need-breathe likes this
- catwaffless likes this
- missameenha likes this
- keanuquotes said: So good you said that out loud! I so often have to hear this question very similar.
- keanuquotes likes this
- lazurus1968 said: I know what you mean. My ex wife and son live in an area exactly like this. Hookers, homeless etc.
- thelostscientist likes this
- bobbyverse likes this
- jwll likes this
- amymirvin likes this
- prettierwithyou likes this
- wiccangrace likes this
- anytimeshesaway likes this
- buddymemphis likes this
- anindependentguinevere likes this
- consulting-sex-god likes this
- kayteesee likes this
- spiritualseeker likes this
- in-the-midst-of-winter likes this
- lazyyogi posted this