whatintheuniworld-deactivated20 asked: First off, I want to say I find your wisdom inspiring. Now this may sound like a ridiculous question, but I'm actually being serious. Do you talk a lot when people talk to you? I ask because I found that when I'm trying to achieve mental stillness, I don't have much to say to people, especially those with high energy. Am I just being too neurotic regarding what I should say?
Sometimes I talk a lot, sometimes I am silent. It is true that when we are in stillness, there isn’t much to say.
There is a saying: Don’t speak unless it improves upon the sweetness of silence.
I actually like hanging out with people who talk a lot because they do most of the talking. I just listen and let my inner silence touch their inner silence.
We are all silent deep down, like the sun shining in a clear sky or behind the clouds. It is a question of coming to rest in that silence, of letting the mind go and dwelling in clear and open awareness.
There is a time to talk and a time to be silent, all the while being silent within.
You’re not being too neurotic, you’re just starting to get your footing in Silence and some things will disturb that now and then. Disturbances are good because eventually you just get used to them. Then you will be unswervingly rooted.
If you feel the need to keep silent, do so. I think it may be better to lean toward silence rather than talk. Talk and thought are expressions of restlessness. Silence is peace, calm, and confidence.
- eclecticschmectic likes this
- mammal55 likes this
- treehousestories likes this
- knylecoj likes this
- alexinoel likes this
- thelostscientist likes this
- allthereasonstobelieve likes this
- vagabondflow likes this
- anythingispossiblehere likes this
- magicuddle likes this
- dablebagel likes this
- temptingtimeonimpulse likes this
- bodhisattvaextraordinaire likes this
- catseyevibe likes this
- toxic-flowerchild likes this
- mastreacheval likes this
- elizabeth-antoinette likes this
- chemical-miracle-herb-awakening likes this
- nikipattanaik likes this
- anytimeshesaway likes this
- smilelikeadaggerrr likes this
- keanuquotes likes this
- transcending-nihilism likes this
- madch1ld likes this
- electricsoulmachine likes this
- jazzstep likes this
- cadenceofchange said: I can relate to that, Lazyyogi
- cadenceofchange likes this
- delascaphyon likes this
- lazyyogi posted this