timeandsilence-deactivated20121 asked: Do you believe in god or a concept of god? Does being spiritual mandate that you have to believe in god? Is it possible to be religious or spiritual and enlightened without believing in god?
True spirituality is not about adding anything to what is already here but rather endeavoring to discover and come to terms with what being alive really means.
God, divinity, existence, the Self, all of these are poor attempts at describing life in its pure and unadulterated form.
Being spiritual means that you are on the path to becoming aware of your Existence as it truly is. There are many ways to approach this: meditation, devotion, prayer, mindfulness, self-inquiry, etc.
I do not hold any beliefs that are permanent. Any belief I hold is for a temporary purpose. In the end, all beliefs must be let go because they are all just something added. What is real is real. No belief is required.
Faith and devotion, however, is something else entirely.
- seekingserenityy likes this
- dustspeaking likes this
- glowofexistence likes this
- lilartmonster likes this
- 40twodays likes this
- jaymehul likes this
- psychonautus likes this
- jupiterrrmars likes this
- seekeroflight likes this
- kaleidoscopesoul likes this
- keanuquotes likes this
- i-nito likes this
- s0ul-at-peace likes this
- thingsmissalikes likes this
- zingara84 likes this
- elizabeth-antoinette likes this
- soaringfar likes this
- sydshine likes this
- onebeingillusion likes this
- temptingtimeonimpulse said: I do not hold any beliefs that are permanent. Any belief I hold is for a temporary purpose. In the end, all beliefs must be let go because they are all just something added. What is real is real. No belief is required. That is perfectly described.
- temptingtimeonimpulse likes this
- lovethatwillnotfade likes this
- northamericanbigjugs likes this
- bodhisattvaextraordinaire likes this
- wildflowrs likes this
- loveseeded likes this
- sagarnaga likes this
- lazyyogi posted this