seekingserenityy asked: Hi lazyyogi! Your blog is great and your advices as well. And now I need some.. I find an irrational irritation when people eat junk food. I'm a health-freak and I know it is very judgmental of me to be irritated/angry/disgusted when people stuff their faces with chips or pizza or coke or just whatever unhealthy really.. It is not jealousy 'cause I honestly don't enjoy those kinds of "foods". But how do I deal with the anger/disgust? I try to shift my focus but find that I'm still disturbed..
Let people do their thing. Food is food. This is no different than being hung up on food.
Your mind is hooked on contemplating other people in this respect. Your irritation is a reaction. Reactivity is slavery; a reaction forces you to be and see the world in a certain way.
Like any other reaction when you see it taking hold in you, focus on the feeling. Stop thinking about it and telling yourself a story about it. Instead, bring your attention to the feeling of irritation in your body. What does it feel like? How does it move through you?
Let the feeling be there without the words in your mind to tell you about why you feel that way. Then the feeling will eventually dissipate. It’s the story you tell yourself about these people and this food that holds the reaction in place.
By practicing meditation regularly, you will begin to discover the presence of mind to allow reactions to pass through you. Eventually reactions just stop and you will find more peace.
- dreamspore likes this
- areeveslady likes this
- seekingserenityy said: Thank you for your answer. Very good advices! After I messaged you about this, I could feel the problem resolve a little bit. I think I needed to admit my problem to myself and also someone else. To put the words out there. Thank you
- seekingserenityy likes this
- fleursdansmescheveux likes this
- hemamali likes this
- sparklyfarts likes this
- engulfedsane likes this
- houseboat likes this
- jazzstep likes this
- decemberjuly likes this
- loveroflove77 likes this
- the-air-nomads likes this
- topless-wizards likes this
- shadowwhisper123 likes this
- spiralyourbeing likes this
- keanuquotes said: “reactivity is slavery” namaste
- keanuquotes likes this
- lazyyogi posted this