This moment is more than a means to the next. In this moment is contained both the journey and the destination.
When we rush this moment in order to get to the next, we are avoiding the present. To work with an eye on results is to live in a mental projection of time rather than the indefinable Now.
Moving fast during an emergency is not the same thing as rushing. Rushing is an unconscious habit, a kind of restlessness that sneaks up on you. Perhaps you rush when you are brushing your teeth, preparing your food, or sitting behind the wheel.
Some moments or even periods of our life seem like nothing more than a means to an end. But by slowing down you may discover that the end is the means.
As Thich Nhat Hanh says, “There is no way to peace. Peace is the way.”
For today, be mindful of your internal clock. When do you hurry yourself? Where and when do you extract the most anxiety? Pay attention to the depth and rhythm of your breath when you are relaxed and when you are anxious.
Your breath is like your metronome. By becoming aware and relaxed in our breathing, you will find that you are free to set your pace for the day.
Slow down arbitrary moments today and examine the peaceful feeling of taking your time. Of watching things unfold second by second in the moment. The idea isn’t to find something special that the moment contains but rather to engage the moment in the way you wish to experience it, with the peace you wish to have.
Keep at the meditation and laughter!
- faeofterra likes this
- fairywater likes this
- catwaffless likes this
- bookoflonging reblogged this from casiana
- casiana reblogged this from lazyyogi
- casiana likes this
- nailpickjuror likes this
- johns-lennon likes this
- thejesterrace reblogged this from lazyyogi
- aiconthegod likes this
- iwouldotherwiseforget likes this
- alittlelessthanclever likes this
- with-all-the-fire-in-me-now likes this
- unsorted-posts likes this
- ludi8vine likes this
- consciousconsciouness reblogged this from lazyyogi
- wildflowrs likes this
- standing-on-my-head reblogged this from lazyyogi
- east-in-the-evening likes this
- lions-brave-heart likes this
- symphonyofstars likes this
- divineinterconnectedness reblogged this from lazyyogi
- lonius likes this
- halloweenjesus likes this
- cathartic-grapholagnia likes this
- imonlyanegg likes this
- towij reblogged this from lazyyogi
- colordesignlife likes this
- ueberschoepfung likes this
- imaginarywaves likes this
- demcatsiscrazy likes this
- moonphishh likes this
- xhippiescumx reblogged this from lazyyogi
- laceedges reblogged this from lazyyogi
- widening-gyre likes this
- kamrysmiley likes this
- zowl likes this
- tonalnagual likes this
- to-know-her-is-to-love-her reblogged this from erosboros
- livelistenlovelaugh likes this
- polyrhythmatic reblogged this from erosboros
- gamutboys likes this
- allinlight likes this
- erosboros reblogged this from lazyyogi and added:
- melliae likes this
- head-in-the-skkyyy likes this
- luckydogcreations likes this
- keanuquotes reblogged this from lazyyogi