Why did the first people dance? Were they trying to impress people with their cool moves or were those dances expressions of what words failed to convey?
In nature some animals dance to find mates. In society we often dance while being mindful of an audience. But true dance, the dance only we humans can do, is aimless. We don’t dance as a means to an end but rather the end is the means. The dance is the reward.
Part of this week’s curriculum is to end every evening with a private dance party. That’s right you heard me correctly. When you have your room to yourself and the night has come, throw on your favorite groove. Lady Gaga, Metallica, Kid Cudi, LCD Soundsystem, whatever. I don’t care. All that matters is that it is a song that makes you want to go wild.
And then put on the song and go wild.
Dance is an intimate way of entering the moment and dropping the mind. You don’t have space to think when you are dancing. If you start thinking, you stop dancing. Dancing is a complete let-go in which you and the dance and the music are total. When you are truly dancing you are not concerned with appearances or style, you aren’t focused or thinking about a third party perspective. Instead you are wholly in your body and moving with spontaneity and ease.
When minds stops, dancing begins.
So dance! If you feel silly then laugh while you are dancing. Even better, you will look like a proper crazy person. That is taoism, that is tantra.
Namaste, sangha. Show me your moves! :P
- lunaticstream likes this
- casiana reblogged this from lazyyogi
- casiana likes this
- catwaffless likes this
- lunawicca reblogged this from lazyyogi
- lunawicca likes this
- slychedelic likes this
- inseekoftruth reblogged this from lazyyogi
- inseekoftruth likes this
- theambyguous likes this
- alittlelessthanclever likes this
- laceedges likes this
- holisticpath reblogged this from lazyyogi
- tigermind108 reblogged this from lazyyogi and added:
- lonius reblogged this from lazyyogi
- lonius likes this
- halloweenjesus likes this
- amymirvin reblogged this from lazyyogi
- amymirvin likes this
- alienravekidd likes this
- areeveslady likes this
- tokyogreyone likes this
- jackie-osorio reblogged this from lazyyogi and added:
- nidoblacktea reblogged this from lazyyogi and added:
- nidoblacktea likes this
- incijalu likes this
- dreamingfox likes this
- ellyevilly likes this
- naghem likes this
- alwaysthefavorite likes this
- ebonix likes this
- mutantfar-out likes this
- moonphishh likes this
- tulkudreams likes this
- tashabump likes this
- nokayeah likes this
- rbkhbrns likes this
- snakehair said: oh man this is great… it reminds me of this video of a drunk girl i saw yesterday. its hilarious haha! i’ll send you the link…
- snakehair likes this
- piensactua said: The Witch Of Portobello by Paulo Coelho, have you ever read it? Your spirituality challenge “Dance” reminded me of that book. Blessings.
- subcrux likes this
- yurahoe likes this
- tigermind108 likes this
- femme-in-floral said: Why would you think only humans can dance this way?
- yourpal--the--mechanic reblogged this from lazyyogi
- symphonyofstars likes this
- aiconthegod said: You mentioned Cudi! I’m so pleased. <3
- aiconthegod reblogged this from lazyyogi
- aiconthegod likes this
- fmcod123 likes this