You never really look at something without thinking about it unless you are seeing it for the first time. After you have seen it once, you build up associations, opinions, and memories. Then you no longer simply see but rather you gaze through a lens.
Object meditation is a way of beginning to see things as if for the first time, with an open and receptive mind.
When you can look at the world with fresh new eyes every moment, you can see things for what they really are.
The assignment today is to sit somewhere and stare at an object. Just look at it for five or ten minutes, or longer. At first it will be difficult. And to be clear it is okay to blink. But after some persistence, in your very first sitting, your mind will become quiet as you become absorbed in watching.
Don’t think, don’t see. Just look, just watch. Don’t even have a thought in your head about what it is you are looking at. Just look.
You’ll see what happens.
Namaste, sangha. :)
- catwaffless likes this
- meditationsinwonderland likes this
- imsarunia likes this
- ladyupupandaway likes this
- eladoll likes this
- sallalahtinen likes this
- sunshinewitchie likes this
- lonius likes this
- johns-lennon likes this
- tokyogreyone likes this
- crimson-twinkie likes this
- eroma-rap reblogged this from lazyyogi and added:
- alittlelessthanclever likes this
- wheresoulsdance likes this
- bluesforlarita reblogged this from lazyyogi
- yourhighnessd likes this
- moonphishh likes this
- growinmane likes this
- dawnabraham reblogged this from lazyyogi
- thewinterblues likes this
- genkitai reblogged this from lazyyogi
- floweryandstarry likes this
- aiconthegod reblogged this from lazyyogi
- aiconthegod likes this
- auxprofondeurs likes this
- pontoonchillaxin likes this
- whereyourecomingfrom likes this
- mpriceless reblogged this from lazyyogi
- fatuousprogress likes this
- inkiii likes this
- zenmystic said: Never confuse the symbol with the reality.
- revolutionaryretribution likes this
- mymindwithinthesewalls likes this
- om-girl likes this
- peaceawakening likes this
- ihavenocerebrum likes this
- ceshmonnie likes this
- biscodeja-vu said: Yes please!
- biscodeja-vu likes this
- lazyyogi posted this