Two common traps on the path are positivity and purity. These two concepts create many desires and illusions for spiritual seekers and humanity at large.
The idea of positivity is mortal. Positivity has a lifespan. It will not live forever. This is because positivity is only half of a concept. The other half, negativity, will always exist with positivity as an implied thing.
And when positivity dies, negativity lives. Because when you aren’t being positive, you are wishing you were being positive. The world looks darker and less friendly when you aren’t positive.
The same goes for purity. Purity only makes sense when there is something from which you are purifying yourself. Therefore the very act of purification implies a rejection of things labeled impure.
And to maintain purity, we are required to reject things.
Both of these concepts are mortal, they will die at one point or another. Positivity gives birth to negativity. Purity denies the full spectrum of existence.
There is an escape from these illusions. While these concepts are mortal, there are similar immortal concepts called dharma, or truth.
Replace your desire for positivity with an aim for peace. Peace is the absence of doubt and struggle, the absence of the play between positivity and negativity. Peace is a satisfaction that comes from accepting the moment in its entirety. How to attain peace? You walk the path of peace by being peaceful. It is not an attainment but a Way.
Replace your desire for purity with a love for harmony. Purity says this is good and that is bad. Harmony says this is what is most beautiful and appropriate for the moment, that is not ready for this moment. Murder is an appropriate act when it is to defend your loved ones. Murder is inappropriate when done out of a desire for some sort of gain. Purity will say murder is bad. Harmony will say murder has its own time and tune.
Be wary of the traps of positivity and purity. They are common goals in which many people get stuck. They feel like they should always be positive and always be morally/spiritually pure. Those two things plunge people into worlds of guilt and denial.
Peace and harmony allow for beauty and brilliance without creating repression and anxiety.
- ranydei reblogged this from lazyyogi
- hippie-vibess likes this
- takecouragemysoul reblogged this from lazyyogi
- takecouragemysoul likes this
- knowingsoul likes this
- beardsandbirds reblogged this from lazyyogi
- beardsandbirds likes this
- ajsime likes this
- emceeaitch likes this
- avoiceinthestorm likes this
- adisorderlysaracen reblogged this from lazyyogi
- nel-ephant reblogged this from we-are-meant-to-thrive
- praylovedream reblogged this from we-are-meant-to-thrive
- sophiasvibesandstuff likes this
- sophiasvibesandstuff reblogged this from colordesignlife
- idiosynkatic reblogged this from lazyyogi
- naturalmagics likes this
- lions-brave-heart reblogged this from lazyyogi
- tumblrisforlulz likes this
- threadsandclay likes this
- anelysianecho likes this
- animlking reblogged this from lazyyogi
- littlecosmicbear likes this
- thenarwhalist reblogged this from lazyyogi
- animlking likes this
- turibulos reblogged this from lazyyogi and added:
- turibulos likes this
- homeisastepaway reblogged this from lazyyogi
- withinonenesswithin reblogged this from we-are-meant-to-thrive
- withinonenesswithin likes this
- romeoago-go likes this
- jashleyodell likes this
- estatusrebelde reblogged this from we-are-meant-to-thrive
- fit-kitty-cate reblogged this from lazyyogi
- varicocele likes this
- dreamsr4dreamers likes this
- cosmic-cuddles likes this
- estatusrebelde likes this
- alwaysthought likes this
- we-are-meant-to-thrive reblogged this from lazyyogi and added:
- inhha reblogged this from lazyyogi
- inhha likes this
- fullofzeal likes this
- lotuscosmic likes this
- picullus reblogged this from lazyyogi
- momwithahook likes this
- halloweenjesus reblogged this from lazyyogi and added:
- naturelleselection likes this
- learnedby-heart likes this