Many lives are lived on a moment to moment basis revolving around survival. You see it today in third world countries or the most impoverished stratum of a society.
Free time is a luxury, a moment’s rest can be a luxury. If you go back thousands of years, perhaps around the time of the agricultural revolution, you will see that humanity had to focus on survival. Food and protection, procreation and parenting, humanity was little more than the human animal.
Therefore, ask yourself this: How much had to happen for an individual to have the privilege of sitting for a meditation? How much evolution, how much revolution, how much invention, discovery, philosophy, fate, experimentation, understanding, had to happen?
When you come out of meditation, don’t just jump back into the world. Take a few moments and breathe as you open your eyes. Extend your thanks and appreciation to your ancestors, to your teachers, to the universe, for providing and leading you to the pinnacle activity of existence.
What are the odds that a human in modern society turns away from the endlessly available diversions to look inward and learn what exactly it is that they are diverting?
When you can appreciate the opportunity to meditate and understand what a blessing it is on behalf of the cosmos, it transforms the activity into a prayer of its own. It isn’t a chore, a rejection of the ego, a wriggling away from our mortal bonds. It is a rejoicing of how far we have come to be able to begin to recognize what we really are.
When you feel gratitude, it keeps things in perspective.
- blowbangz likes this
- swsmh reblogged this from lazyyogi
- morphing-vessel likes this
- lions-brave-heart reblogged this from lazyyogi
- lovenotfear reblogged this from oniverse
- pierresomewhere likes this
- arasx likes this
- erosthanatos likes this
- whispersofthebeloved likes this
- crusnik01 likes this
- hopefulwandrr reblogged this from lazyyogi
- jazzyjet likes this
- tabirussell likes this
- oniverse likes this
- sirlusciouslovefoot likes this
- swsmh likes this
- mamainharmony reblogged this from lazyyogi
- etherealyugen likes this
- buoneintenzioni likes this
- muzzymotto likes this
- jessie-miguel likes this
- beauty-that-moves likes this
- awakeningthefall likes this
- irmafer reblogged this from lazyyogi
- manwithinthebeast likes this
- thedepthsofdesire reblogged this from lazyyogi
- hishumbleservant reblogged this from lazyyogi
- hishumbleservant likes this
- thoughtfulschizo likes this
- karmashappy likes this
- wonder-and-fear likes this
- vacuous-stare likes this
- casiana reblogged this from lazyyogi
- casiana likes this
- lions-brave-heart likes this
- holisticpath likes this
- fresheyedexplorer likes this
- bitchesbr3w likes this
- francodanger reblogged this from lazyyogi
- francodanger likes this
- keanuquotes reblogged this from lazyyogi
- keanuquotes likes this
- slychedelic likes this
- aevalyn reblogged this from lazyyogi
- les-sept-mers-pour-vous reblogged this from lazyyogi
- mimi-said reblogged this from lazyyogi
- om-girl likes this
- thegem-in-i likes this
- edengaiski likes this