Yoga today totally hit the spot. I broke a solid sweat and opened up some tight muscles. It really did feel like something toxic was leaving me.
On a related but separate note, I’ve been pondering the sincere reasons for abstinence that has been a part of the spiritual community for thousands of years. I’ve never been attracted to abstinence, as I have a deep appreciation for the fairer sex, but I’m starting to understand the thought processes behind it.
I feel as though the whole game of attracting a partner involves lots of comparison and judgement, as well as encourages us to look at fellow humans as kinds of objects for validation.
I don’t think this is necessarily an inherent part of dating and marriage but rather an expression of unawareness. Perhaps in time we will discover a cure :P
In my opinion, people wait too long to fall in love. With anything.
- kingzale likes this
- fit-kitty-cate reblogged this from lazyyogi
- crusnik01 likes this
- mesmerizinglines likes this
- treadingthedragon likes this
- alecto likes this
- sparklyfarts likes this
- floweryandstarry likes this
- unconditionedconsciousness likes this
- empathicawareness likes this
- corwynologist likes this
- be-health likes this
- savetherestlessthings reblogged this from lazyyogi
- arasx likes this
- highwaytoradiotherapy said: I hear where you’re coming from and I get it. I do believe that people fall in love too easily, but I feel it’s a superficial lover involving need and want, or small instances of satisfaction, as opposed to the type of love you’re referring to.
- aiconthegod reblogged this from lazyyogi
- aiconthegod likes this
- militarytwo-step likes this
- psychowolf likes this
- rod-bittencourt likes this
- kristenbroo said: once the ego is shushed all their is is unconditional love for everyone and everything :) wish i wouldn’t keep forgetting that.. :p
- kristenbroo likes this
- pies-descalzos-suenos-blancos likes this
- talldarklefty likes this
- mimi-said likes this
- glamsoda said: I agree. For me, it’s trust issues. I’m learning to trust myself, then others. Then I think I’ll be ready for love. I hope so, anyway.
- lunar-embodiment said: I like your view on this topic
- lunar-embodiment likes this
- happinessyeahhappiness reblogged this from lazyyogi
- ayahuascaawakening likes this
- lazyyogi posted this