We talk about it a lot but what does it mean to identify with something? Over and over we have said that the source of suffering and illusion comes from false identification. Identification with what? Temporary forms.
On an intellectual level, identification is anything you associate as yourself.
However on a deeper level, identification is the acceptance of the brain’s reflections as real. From moment to moment we go through different emotive brain states: anxiety, excitement, happiness, contentment, hate, relaxation, jealousy, insecurity, and the wheels keep turning.
Usually we accept these reflections without question. When you feel sad, the wold looks sad. When you feel happy, the world appears beautiful. We become victims to our brain’s perception of external circumstances. There is no truth or continuity to it.
This doesn’t mean you need to alter your brain’s reflections. It is normal to experience ranges of emotion. All you need to do is become aware of them as simply the reflections of the brain without permitting them more attention than that. Through meditation, you learn to allow your attention to settle on the Self before it tilts toward the brain and its perceptions of the world.
Practices like meditation and mindfulness cultivate a wakeful and watchful state of awareness that observes without analyzing or judging whatever is happening. The result is a full experience of Existence without the distortion of identification.
- boootzz reblogged this from lazyyogi
- hopefulwandrr reblogged this from lazyyogi
- youareasoul said: :)
- callsmemolls reblogged this from lazyyogi and added:
- magicalmentoring likes this
- youareasoul likes this
- mouvementdelavie reblogged this from lazyyogi
- edengaiski likes this
- seekingserenityy likes this
- sickening-ing likes this
- madch1ld reblogged this from lazyyogi
- madch1ld likes this
- dianelaura reblogged this from lazyyogi
- mimi-said reblogged this from lazyyogi
- callsmemolls likes this
- zowl reblogged this from lazyyogi
- wvvnted likes this
- bstickel likes this
- anniepopannie likes this
- sagarnaga likes this
- tabirussell likes this
- clemandtime reblogged this from lazyyogi
- crusnik01 likes this
- dioptaze likes this
- maladaptivetendencies likes this
- casiana reblogged this from lazyyogi
- casiana likes this
- sunnyasini reblogged this from lazyyogi
- the-underground-hufflepuff reblogged this from lazyyogi
- b4mb00zled likes this
- discscs likes this
- eatpraylaw likes this
- resonantfrequencies said: where is the boundary line between self and perception of the world? good pathway of investigation ;)
- scullyism likes this
- longhairedpixie likes this
- fattyfalldown likes this
- rugburned likes this
- arasx likes this
- sirlusciouslovefoot likes this
- celestiallantern reblogged this from lazyyogi
- thy-distant-fire likes this
- lemonadegrenade likes this
- moreofamore likes this
- xx-douleurexquise likes this
- samsaranmusing said: Beautifully stated as usual.
- slangsd likes this
- samsaranmusing likes this
- paperkami reblogged this from lazyyogi
- illuminateheartsawaken likes this
- hereistood likes this