It is not that someone has to be worthy of trust; it is that you have to be free of doubt. Trust comes when there is no doubt. It is a priceless thing and so no one really deserves trust. It is a kind of blessing we offer to each other, and especially ourselves.
You cannot find a real reason to trust because trust is without reason, it is a Let Go. Doubt is a trick of the egoic mind trying to keep us in a state of fear. It arises out of a restlessness.
When you feel the negativity and the questioning arising, observe it as it occurs in your mind. Is there a sensation in the body that accompanies it? If so, shift your attention to that feeling and let go of the thoughts.
This is a kind of mindfulness. It allows you to feel whatever you are feeling without letting those feelings become a lens through which you see and judge the world. Instead, you feel them but with a kind of space surrounding it; you are more than them.
Daily meditation helps this process tremendously. Trust simply because there is no better way to live. Just don’t be anyone’s fool but your own.
- lov-ing-me likes this
- catchhappy reblogged this from lazyyogi
- deb11cakes reblogged this from lazyyogi
- ivxxvii likes this
- dannyfal likes this
- infusedwithdreams likes this
- biolosophy-grainofrice reblogged this from quaverstranger and added:
- misstake006 reblogged this from lazyyogi and added:
- arasx likes this
- earthia likes this
- faeofterra likes this
- bstickel likes this
- winifredjay likes this
- sirlusciouslovefoot likes this
- kimbolizzle likes this
- thesedayslikeelephants reblogged this from lazyyogi
- quaverstranger reblogged this from tri-laksana and added:
- tri-laksana reblogged this from lazyyogi
- tri-laksana likes this
- itswithtwors likes this
- randompikarambles likes this
- a-po-lo-ni-a likes this
- dharmaventures likes this
- forpeacegotlove likes this
- theshyittt likes this
- skylerdrake likes this
- lazyyogi posted this