Q: I try to change my perspective but i just dont want to be here anymore. I want to grab a gun and shoot myself in the head. I have no purpose in life. If i die and wake up to an afterlife… what will my purpose be there? Do we just exist forever and ever? What is this? No one really knows. I am alone and lost, confused and abandoned. I have inner anger that makes me want to commit crimes and hurt people. What is the purpose of life?
Stop and slow down. Take a breath. Understand that you are confused and in pain, but that it is leading you to ask the right questions. This is part of a process that will take you to a place of clarity and contentment that you cannot imagine right now.
Take a look at a flower, or a tree. Nature can tell us a lot not because it is so special or magical but because it is so sincere to its spontaneity. Nature is always an example of what we as humans have forgotten in our confusion.
Does a flower need a purpose? It blooms whether it is on the White House lawn or in a solo cup on the windowsill of a jail cell.
What matters in life is not what purpose we have or what function we serve. We are not machines or tools. We are organic expressions of existence, a kind of divine playful art. There can’t be any purpose or seriousness to playfulness because that’s just not the point. Only sincerity.
This violence you feel comes from your confusion and restlessness. This desire you feel to fit in speaks to a feeling of disconnectedness. You have forgotten the fact that you and all things are intimately connected by the very fact that you exist. Anything that exists is connected.
The pain you are feeling comes from the dissonance you are experiencing. You feel that you need a purpose or meaning and yet it seems like the universe lacks all meaning. Both are lies.
You are right that ‘this’ cannot be known, only experienced and perhaps understood a little.
Right now, you would be enormously benefitted by hitting the pause button on these feelings and reading the book The Power of Now. If you don’t have it within your means to get a hold of this book, message me off anonymous and we can talk further privately.
Please don’t let the way you are feeling now convince you that this is all there is. Understand that right now the fear and anger you feel is physically shutting down parts of your brain and preventing you from accessing a stable state of mind. It is temporary.
If you want to find the truth behind these questions, and the peace that comes with them, it is Here and Now waiting for you. In wakeful stillness and silence, you will Know.
Namaste, anon. Much love
- cocophony reblogged this from lazyyogi
- kaybreen reblogged this from lazyyogi and added:
- livethewildair likes this
- staygold10 likes this
- redbabyearth likes this
- surrealistpilgrims likes this
- rushingtheskyline reblogged this from lazyyogi
- rushingtheskyline likes this
- theothermagpietheotherstory likes this
- yup-yup-knope likes this
- empty0cean likes this
- orchidroots likes this
- seeyourselfinanewlight likes this
- momentomoment likes this
- salvese-quien-pueda likes this
- sol-psych likes this
- celestes-shenanigans likes this
- stealmypandas likes this
- charismatism likes this
- only-mirrors-watch-me likes this
- etamitni likes this
- oniverse likes this
- akayra reblogged this from lazyyogi
- zealotry likes this
- lunaticstream reblogged this from lazyyogi
- liberer--votre--esprit likes this
- humboldthunnie likes this
- crimson-twinkie likes this
- crimson-twinkie reblogged this from lazyyogi
- no3rick likes this
- gradylovesyou reblogged this from lazyyogi
- moonpsyche likes this
- carnation-instant-bitch likes this
- benegesseritwitch likes this
- earthstars likes this
- crazycatlady420 likes this
- dimi2u said: I feel that man. Honestly, its the society we live in that’s doing this to you. Nothing is wrong in your mind, you are you. So be you. So the purpose of life, that purpose is to just be whatever you want while you’re here on earth man. Life’s short
- bluemaguna likes this
- theogonic-symphonic-tragedy said: I’m glad you’re always there for anyone in need. I don’t know that I could find the words like you do, to guide people back tto where they need to be. :-)
- theogonic-symphonic-tragedy likes this
- luna-lalune likes this
- peloolhodarua said: dude… good stuff.
- snipthebluewire likes this
- abeautifulexploration reblogged this from lazyyogi
- adisorderlysaracen reblogged this from lazyyogi
- skylerdrake likes this
- thejestler reblogged this from lazyyogi
- tigerkreative likes this