Sometimes when I engage friends and people in casual conversation, I can see the attention and presence in their eyes as words are exchanged. And when any sort of spiritual notion is brought forth, I see that spark vanish and the attention to the conversation shut down.
“That stuff is too deep for me.” Is the most common response.
In a lot of ways we all have an initial resistance to the path. Spirituality means being willing to acknowledge the parts of ourselves and our lives that we have been working so hard to ignore.
The ego likes to make the spiritual path seem something grand, illustrious, and intellectual. But the truth is that it couldn’t be farther from any of those things. Shouting from a mountain top or quietly pouring a cup of tea in your kitchen, the spirit is ever-present.
This idea of things being too deep is an excuse to shut down and close off from receptivity.
The truth is that the spiritual path and the nature of your Being is the shallowest thing imaginable. It is so shallow, so indelibly present in every moment of Life, that it goes unnoticed by those who are gazing off into the distance. That is the depth: distraction.
It is only when we come back to ourselves as we truly are, wholly and completely, that this may be understood.
Just some food for mindfulness.
- mamoti24 likes this
- theearthlaughsinflowers0 reblogged this from lazyyogi
- kittiesonvodka likes this
- sirlusciouslovefoot likes this
- zanytumbls likes this
- yukikarasu likes this
- adisorderlysaracen reblogged this from lazyyogi
- adisorderlysaracen likes this
- tracymcshan likes this
- tearinyourhand likes this
- laurenkrauze likes this
- anabundanceofblue likes this
- skyroadluchini likes this
- baljinderkaur likes this
- ktbug410 likes this
- pocketbeth likes this
- hollyseasbliss reblogged this from lazyyogi
- baggs-exists likes this
- perkhoel likes this
- eshars likes this
- sparklyfarts likes this
- sabrinacantsleep likes this
- kaleidoscopeforest likes this
- i-sogni likes this
- anikamoon likes this
- lynn182 likes this
- fullofzeal likes this
- somethingcalledself likes this
- zatoichi-sight reblogged this from keepyourselfaware
- zatoichi-sight likes this
- gregchilders likes this
- lucycarson reblogged this from lazyyogi
- allthereasonstobelieve likes this
- lazylucid likes this
- empathy-vs-apathy-nyc reblogged this from lazyyogi
- humanityisamascarade likes this
- deltafitspo likes this
- barelyawake9 likes this
- imall4frogs likes this
- infinite-cosmic-patterns likes this
- sungazersounds likes this
- verstoken likes this
- phoco reblogged this from musashi-no-kami and added:
- riddaonthestorm likes this
- soul-is-cool reblogged this from lazyyogi and added:
- soul-is-cool likes this
- philogamer likes this
- gardien-des-etoiles reblogged this from lazyyogi
- thepiratesage likes this
- etamitni likes this