My guru always says that the Divine abides in Eternal peace and love. It has no awareness of the suffering in this world because that suffering is not due to the Divine’s wishes.
While this may make the Divine seem inert, it is not. If you touch the Divine with prayer and meditation, the Divine will touch you as the Ocean of Compassion.
Meditation is the backbone of my spiritual practice but prayer also plays an essential role. The following are my own loose guidelines for when I pray.
1. When you don’t need anything, acknowledge and appreciate that through prayer. Ask to be made ready to receive what the Divine has to give you.
2. If you feel deprived of love, compassion, friendship, or determination, the Divine will grace you with these things if you open yourself to Silence and Stillness. Jesus, Krishna, Buddha, all have said the Divine is Within You. Ask to be shown and you will See. Always have patience and faith.
3. If you pray for an answer, look for that answer within. Only if the mind is silent and receptive will you be able to catch hold of the inspiration that will come.
4. The most beautiful prayer is for the welfare of all Beings in all the Worlds. Then you are also included. If you allow the mind to go introvert toward its source, then your prayers will reach the source of All Things. You are not separate from the Whole and by going inward you will contact that which is beyond your mind’s outward imagination and perception.
Eyes closed, hands together, thumbs touching the third eye. Focus the attention there.
Mind silent and receptive.
Fill with a longing for peace and divinity.
Forget the thoughts about the world, just for this moment.
Wait with apt attention and relaxation.
- didaskaleinophobias likes this
- n1m1sha reblogged this from lazyyogi
- roytee5026 likes this
- lovemorefiercely likes this
- philipgdorian reblogged this from followthemonk
- losertoots reblogged this from fuckyeahawesome
- bitchesbr3w reblogged this from lazyyogi
- thekaidaydreamer reblogged this from lazyyogi
- thekaidaydreamer likes this
- himeros likes this
- moonphishh likes this
- sirlusciouslovefoot likes this
- aceofspadesslick likes this
- anytimeshesaway likes this
- desirethepositive reblogged this from no-really-im-sirius
- jeslacasseconsignment likes this
- luckydogcreations likes this
- garyganu likes this
- seekingserenityy likes this
- sweetpollen likes this
- bimbocindi reblogged this from lazyyogi and added:
- bimbocindi likes this
- itsdeelightful likes this
- no-really-im-sirius reblogged this from lazyyogi
- no-really-im-sirius likes this
- hollyseasbliss reblogged this from lazyyogi
- ganesha2010 likes this
- eatpraylaw likes this
- art-of-joy likes this
- stargazingkara likes this
- erinrianna reblogged this from lazyyogi
- sadeyedsun likes this
- estefaniasupaflychick likes this
- bananananna likes this
- fuckyeahawesome reblogged this from lazyyogi
- colordesignlife likes this
- gregchilders likes this
- itswithtwors reblogged this from lazyyogi
- itswithtwors likes this
- mayleelazo likes this
- justatide likes this
- abbygirl1j reblogged this from lazyyogi
- andiunfold likes this
- chellendora likes this
- topless-wizards likes this
- bimbiravindra likes this
- xoaddiexo reblogged this from lazyyogi and added:
- chromavore said: I’m digging this part: “…by going inward you will contact that which is beyond your mind’s outward imagination and perception.” Hits home.
- chromavore likes this
- whattheeveneff likes this