As you discover how to remain present in daily life, you will find the ability to rejoice deeply in simple things.
This creates a confidence in you that there is no shortage of happiness to be found here and now. All you must do is become willing to be present to enjoy it.
Ordinarily we are very attached to our happiness. We want to cling to it and to devour it endlessly. But that is the innate suffering that comes with happiness: it will go. Happiness in one form or another never endures forever. More often than not it is extremely temporary.
And then we are left feeling abandoned.
Happiness is not determined by the way life happens to you. It is determined by the way you happen to life.
Being present allows you to find joy in expressing your divine nature through simple activities: setting a table, arranging flowers, or taking out the trash.
Be mindful of what activities you depend on to feel joyful. Try finding enjoyment in being yourself in the moment, doing things to express that divine stuff out of which you have been made. What you do matters significantly less than how you do it.
You are basic goodness, buddha nature, divinity, whatever you want to call it. Use momentary activities as a means of coming in touch with that, with You.
Namaste, sangha. :)
- loveyour-chaos likes this
- beautiful-snowfl4kes likes this
- inlovewithhowyoufeel-fit reblogged this from lazyyogi
- 6etter-me likes this
- bl0wthesmoke reblogged this from the-abundance-of-life
- smileifurhappy reblogged this from lazyyogi and added:
- kimberleymoore likes this
- awakeshakedreamsfromyourhair reblogged this from lazyyogi
- lilartmonster reblogged this from lazyyogi
- zombiefishnets reblogged this from lazyyogi
- thestarsabove- reblogged this from lazyyogi
- rebelrunaway reblogged this from lazyyogi
- thefilmhead likes this
- everyoneisahipster likes this
- gaoafflictions likes this
- yourlacedhands reblogged this from lazyyogi
- peaceloveyogaha likes this
- directrevelation likes this
- muggyhydrangeas likes this
- jodimariehk reblogged this from lazyyogi
- jenaissequoi likes this
- thatgirlwith reblogged this from lazyyogi
- beauty-that-moves likes this
- peacel0v3harmony reblogged this from lazyyogi
- emodinogirl likes this
- legitimusmaximus likes this
- yesyouu reblogged this from moonphishh
- olixyz likes this
- muzzymotto likes this
- ommymoo likes this
- comfydotage likes this
- zwalk91 reblogged this from lazyyogi
- zwalk91 likes this
- existentialstuff likes this
- elevenev likes this
- bisagrona likes this
- dreamsinthewitch-house likes this
- nostalgicforanotherlife likes this
- penguinista likes this
- swalllowedbythesea likes this
- memelou22 likes this
- yasminca likes this
- gypsygangster reblogged this from lazyyogi
- frannyfae reblogged this from lazyyogi
- gabejvega reblogged this from lazyyogi
- gaianchild reblogged this from lazyyogi
- gaianchild likes this
- thislackofambition likes this
- sayiamu likes this